Thursday, February 2, 2012

What Are We Waiting For?




"What Are We Waiting For?"

He says Go, take the news to every nation
We say no, you know I just don't feel called

But oh the Lord of all the universe
Has called us all to go, so

What are we waiting for
A message in the sky
A miracle, a sign
From up above, is not His word enough?

What are we waiting for
He's given us a choice
He's given us a voice
And right now, if He is Lord
Then what are we waiting for

He says now give your life to serve the broken
We say how will this fit into my plans

But oh the Lord of all the universe
Has spilled His blood, His precious blood


If we love Him we will keep His word
keep His word
If we know Him we will tell the world
tell the world


I praise God for Gospel-centered song writers and artists like Matt Papa. These lyrics remind me of the all the excuses that I had before I went to Thailand in August:

It's too expensive. How can I afford it?

God used His Church to make a way.
The flight is really long...

We survived. Mostly.

How will I get off work?

I got permission to go in my interview (and advice from the person hiring me about Bangkok).

What if I get lost in the city and can't speak Thai?

There was never an opportunity to get lost and as long as you smile, you're fine.

What if I get food poisoning?

Again, we survived.


God basically took all the excuses that I had created as reasons not to go and asked me the question: which do you love more, yourself, or Me?

I just finished reading the Gospel of Mark in my Bible reading plan and Jesus doesn't get more explicit about this whole Great Commission business than He does here.
"...Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned." Mark 16:15-16 ESV
Hearing Matt Papa's song this morning was God's way of reminding me that when He commands something from His servants, He makes it possible for His servants to do that thing because He promises to go with us into all the world.

Every time I feel overwhelmed with all the preparations for June (turns out moving to the other side of the world is no easy task), I must remind myself that going to the world (Thailand in my case) is a command and that Jesus is there with me through this process. Jesus spilled His precious blood so I could have freedom. It is worth it to tell others, to tell the whole creation, this awesome news of what Christ has done for us, if we believe.

How can they be saved through the name of Jesus if they never hear His name?





No comments:

Post a Comment