Monday, February 4, 2013

Music Monday: "We Found Love"




But I trust in your unfailing love.
I will rejoice because you have rescued me.
I will sing to the Lord
because he is good to me.
Psalm 13:5-6

I love the idea of Lindsey visiting with these beautiful African people and their reaction to hearing violin music for the first time. I'll bet that because of a language barrier, she and they couldn't really verbally communicate with each other but a shot in the video shows her teaching one man how to play the instrument. She places his hands on the neck of the violin and guides them along the strings. Others shots show her playing with smiling kids and laughing with some of the women.

I want my love for people to look like that. I want trust God more so that I rest confidently rest on the power of the Holy Spirit to do things I can't do on my own. I don't want language barriers to excuse me from being obedient. I want to do more things that are not comfortable for me because through them, God increases my faith. I want to pray in faith for opportunities to trust, to rejoice, and to sing to the One who created me and sustains my life. I want to do these things because I know God is good and He wants good things for his children.




No comments:

Post a Comment