Saturday, November 3, 2012

Race Day

My 10k is in 15 days!! This will be the first race I've ever run (I'm not including the Turkey Trot I ran like, 8 years ago) and I am a bit nervous.

I've been training consistently for the past six weeks (as those on Twitter are bound to see my posts) and whether or not that's enough to carry me through the race will be decided on Race Day (hereafter known as RD).

Some of my milestones that I've hit so far include being able to run for 22 minutes straight, incorporating sprints (I'm being very generous towards myself in calling short bursts of speed "sprints"), and cross-training on the days I'm not running. This cross-training has included yoga (Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown), Tae Bo (I'm a longtime fan), and some other exercises I found online. It might be too soon to say this, but I think I'm getting stronger. I miss having my younger sister around to encourage me and motivate me through this but seeing Liz's example is very inspiring.

If you are interested in pledging to support the Kelley's adoption through my race, please let me know ASAP! Shoot me a message on Facebook if we're friends or send an e-mail to clairececil11@gmail.com. Whatever you are able to pledge is more than generous (even $10, $1/km is great)!

BKK 2011 Race

No comments:

Post a Comment