Saturday, April 21, 2012

ACTS

You've probably heard of this outline before: ACTS. Adoration. Confession. Thanksgiving. Supplication. It's a simple way to approach the God of the Universe that we used for devotions this morning at the Encounter Leaders Retreat in Richmond. I must admit that I've been so busy with the confession/supplication portion of the prayer that it felt strange just to tell God how awesome He is and thank Him for all of His gifts. Really, I've just been busy with being busy. I feel like I'm working two jobs right now with my normal 40-hour work week at the eye doctor and my second job which is getting ready to leave the country in seven weeks. I want to take a moment to jot down a few of the things for which I am grateful...

  • The overflowing outpouring of support that has been coming in. The Italian dinner (see Liz's blog post about it here) represented to me how much my church really does care about this call that God has given to Liz and I. It is their heart for missions that is sending us to Thailand. I am confident that God will complete the work that He has begun according to His own time table.
  • God gathering all the pieces together for our Thailand preparation. Our background checks came back from Richmond ridiculously fast so Liz and I will be making another trip to D.C. to get our work visas (pray that God uses us as witnesses towards the embassy employees!)
  • The willingness I've seen from the Encounter folks to help with all these fundraisers that are helping to ease any stress I may be experiencing about getting support for an entire year. God must be doing a mighty work to bring so many volunteers to each event (Natalie Grant concert, Italian dinner, upcoming yard-sale). Praise God for His church!
  • Thank you God for how every other piece has fit so perfectly--my apartment lease is up May 30th, I resign from my job June 5th, TESOL training is finished, opportunities to get plugged into a solid ministries in Bangkok....the list goes on and on and on. 
Let them praise the name of the Lord,
    for his name alone is exalted;
     his majesty is above earth and heaven.
 He has raised up a horn for his people,
     praise for all his saints,
    for the people of Israel who are near to him.
Praise the Lord!
Psalm 148:13-14 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment