Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Welcome Fall

Today, Liz, Laura and I made some AMAZING pumpkin pancakes to welcome Autumn to Bangkok.


It's September 20th and the only hint of Fall we have here is a sign I saw at a Starbucks that featured Salted Caramel Lattes as a part of their Autumn menu.

While we will never have cool, crisp mornings here, i.e. this:


And it will always be a bit like this:


I have the blessing of friendship that makes those things about Fall so meaningful. Tasting the pumpkin pancakes brought up so many memories of times spent with family, college friends, Thanksgivings and Halloweens past....

So, while I'm temporarily away from the setting in which those memories were made, I have a new different setting here in Thailand in which I can make new memories and cherish the ones with whom these memories are made.

Liz and I at Belvedere Plantation in VA
“There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” 
Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment